Fr. Herb Jones, O.Carm.

I am a Carmelite priest serving as Director of the St. Therese Carmelite Chapel-in-the-Mall at the Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA. Born in Methuen, MA, I did my seminary formation in Carmelite seminaries in Niagara Falls, Ont., New Baltimore PA and Washington, DC. Ordained on June 4, 1960, I have served in Santiago, Chile(1961-67), Teaneck, NJ(1967-72), Cresskill, NJ(1972-75), Bogota, NJ(1975-84, Lima, Peru (1984-2000) and Peabody MA(2000). In Spanish I am known as P. Santiago.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peabody, MA, United States

Fr. Herbert Jones, O.Carm. is the Director of the Chapel-in-the-Mall ably assisted by Frs. Felix Prior, O.Carm. and Mario López, O.Carm. and Deacon John Sprissler, O.Carm. Bro. Damien Chong, O.Carm. is also a member of the staff serving as Sacristan. Fr. Herbert has been Director of the Chapel for the past twelve years. He has been ordained 52 years and before coming to Peabody he served in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru, Teaneck, NJ, Cresskill, NJ and Bogota, NJ.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Greetings to everyone. I am really sorry that I haven't posted anything in so long. However, December has been a really busy month. Fr. Mario is on vacation so that keeps Felix and I on our toes. Plus the fact that I am busy with the architect with details for the renovation of the Chapel. I'm happy to report tht we will have a place to relocate the Chapel during the renovation. We will be using what used to be the locale of Kitchens etc. which went out of business about three years ago. It is a good size location with direct access from the parking lot.
The Architect and I went down to Braintree the other day to see some stained glass windows for the Chapel. We saw two that I really like. One is of St. Therese (our patroness) a very beautiful window, and the other is of the Good Shepherd. There is a good chance that we will be able to get them.
The actual 50th anniversary of the dedication of the Chapel is January 28th.
Have a truly blessed Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home